Warsaw, 6-8 December 2017
The goal of this conference is to promote an interdisciplinary discussion of the relationships between image, history and memory. The presented papers will address images in their various roles: as witnesses to history, as means of materializing memories, as active creators of history or as producers of the contents of memory.
The conference discussion will focus on these issues from a regional perspective that will highlight questions about ways in which historical images fit into the dynamics of remembrance in Central and Eastern Europe, but they will make references to other historical, political and cultural regions of Europe and of the world.
There is no fee for taking part in the conference.
Registration will open soon.
- European Network Remembrance and Solidarity (ENRS);
- Department of Art and Visual History, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin;
- Institute of Arts History, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań;
- History Department, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań;
- Social Memory Laboratory, Institute of Sociology, University of Warsaw;
- Department of Visual Culture, Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw;
- The Committee on Art Studies of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- Prof. Wojciech Bałus (Polish Academy of Sciences);
- Prof. Kazimierz Ilski (Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań);
- Prof. Csaba György Kiss (ENRS Academic Council);
- Prof. Michaela Marek (Humboldt University of Berlin);
- Dr Joanna Wawrzyniak (University of Warsaw)
- Prof. Piotr Juszkiewicz (Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań)
- Prof. Mariusz Bryl,
- Prof. Stanisław Czekalski,
- Dr Jakub Dąbrowski,
- Dr hab. Michał Haake,
- Dr hab. Łukasz Kiepuszewski,
- Dr hab. Dorota Malczewska-Pawelec,
- Dr Małgorzata Pakier (ENRS),
- Prof. Piotr Witek,
- Prof. Tadeusz Żuchowski